Thursday, April 19, 2012

Living between "Once upon a time" and "Happily ever after".

This is not a fairy tale. It is completely and totally true. And its wonder far surpasses that of a child's bed time story. It contains the majesty of the very power of God Almighty.
"Once upon a time..." I was drowning in my sin. Shackled in a prison cell I could not escape the dragon. I had been enslaved me from birth and my end was destruction. There was no hope. And the worst part was that I was unaware of these things.
Then came Jesus, the Prince of Peace. Lovingly He opened my eyes to my bondage and led me towards His light. Heroically he payed the ultimate price to rescue and to pardon me. In awe, though His grace I responded in faith and begged forgiveness. Instantly the eternal work of the cross was applied to my account, my name was written in His book, I was washed of my sins, I was adopted into His heavenly family, eternal life was breathed into me, all condemnation was removed, the Holy Spirit was given me as a "down payment" of more to come, all the riches of His grace were bestowed upon me, I was eternally predestined to be conformed to the Image of Himself, made co-heir, and so much more that it will take eternity to discover all that happened when I believed.
All of these wonders happened without me ever literally laying eyes on my Prince. Though I felt His presence with me and have His Holy Spirit, His physical body is seated at the right hand of God. His word tells me that I will see Him when He returns for me; but until then I am living between "Once upon at time" and "Happily ever after." Don't get me wrong; it is not that I am unhappy or think He did something wrong!Living between is a privilege, a high calling. He could have taken me straight to be with Him but instead He chose to use me! Me! The helpless blind idiot. He said through His power I would become strong to do the impossible task He had for me. With Him all things are possible.
And so living between "Once upon a time" and "Happily ever after" is exactly where I will stay until He comes for me. I will be content in this circumstance and even thrive!  For though I long to be with my Lord ( can I say that again? I LONG TO BE WITH MY LORD)  in His "Happily ever after" kingdom, I have unfinished business here. What about you? Will you live wishing for "Happily ever after" to come sooner? Or will you be content to live between  "Once upon a time" and "Happily ever after" for now?

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Ruth! You are beautiful! : ) Keep living for your Lord! Thanks for being an encouragement to me! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to express you opinion but honor Jesus with your comments!